I love this time of year, the summer heat is softening, cool breezes start to find you at night and in the early morning & I get to wear scarves. The other part of this time of year is boosting my immune system and adding to my house hygiene to ward off sniffles and the glums that can lead to dis-ease.
Here are a few of my Autumn tips to keep it light, bright & healthy.
- Wear scarves, everywhere 🙂
- Place a cut onion in the toilet and bathroom & in the room if someone is sick. They absorb bacteria, keeping the air quality fresh & hygienic. They can be hidden, change as they discolour.
- Smudge, keeping your intention for health & throw in mindfulness for protection also.
- Wipe down the kitchen with eucalyptus in water, again antibacterial & it smells delicious.
- Air & sun pillows, cushions & couch throw rugs. If your able let them get rained on after washing, they dry super soft.
- Add a small amount of eucalyptus to your washing instead of softener, it is cheaper, makes clothes soft, has them smelling great, is antibacterial & is good for pretty much all fabric types.
- Get out in the sun, a little Vit D is great for your health.
- Drink tea & lots of water at room temperature. Personally I love ginger & lemongrass, peppermint, chamomile – great for busy days when you don’t get a moment to centre & green tea with jasmine or lemon.
- Moisturise your skin, olive oil, macadamia oil & coconut are good for all ages, with the first two especially good if your skin is dry. Of course you can add essential oils, consider chamomile, lavender, rose or lemon verbena. Be sure to patch test if your new to using oils.
- Remember to laugh & dance 😉
That’s it for today, I’m off for a tea… green of course 🙂 R.